Wednesday 15 June 2011

Fashion Week For Full Figured Females


Fashion Week For Full Figured Females (It’s About Time)
At the present I do understand that even though it’s called a “week”, it is just 3 days at this point, but that fact that the style world is even acknowledging the more bountiful between us is noteworthy.
Just a few truths for reference:
According to Females’ Wear Regular (WWD to those in the biz or who follow the biz) the average lady in the US garbs a size 14. That is miles away from the model size 0 and 2 that are a style house and runway display staple.
According the US Census, there are over 159 million females in the US (51.7% of the population).
The government’s Women’s Health Information Center (womenshealth.gov) states that over a third of women are obese.
Thus, while I am not a mathematician, by my rough count, that means that there are at least 53 million plus size females in the United States who need outfits.
And if you are a style conscious plus-size lady like me, you know how problematic it is to find dress that is stylish and age appropriate. I can find a flowered muumuu any time. An all black ensemble? No problematic! But to find something that is fit for my 30-something flirty fun behavior, I have to work a little harder. And when you factor in my budget that includes student loans and growing gas prices, you’ve got a major challenge.
So, I am happy for FFFWeek and can’t wait to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment