Tuesday 10 May 2011

Glee-Dux: A Prom Night We Won't Soon Forget! Plus Scoop on the Final Episodes


This entire Glee-Dux will be devoted to the return of Jonathan Groff. Nothing else happened, right?

Oh, I'm kidding. Of course I'll be covering the entire prom episode. How can I not? So much transpired, and I can hardly wait to dive in and pick apart all these new developments! In fact, let's not waste another second. Wait. I'm going to re-watch "Rolling in the Deep" one more time and then we can start…

MORE: Missed a previous recap? Check out our Glee-Dux section and catch up!

WHAT WE LEARNED

Sue Is Still the Enemy: Whenever Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) is involved with the beginning of an episode, it just makes everything that follows a wee bit better. I laughed out loud when Sue requested that the glee club apologize to America for covering "Run Joey Run." Of course, that song was Rachel's (Lea Michele) first suggestion when Will announced that New Directions was performing at prom. And as you saw, those prom numbers were loaded with looks, poignant lyrics and double meanings.

Jonathan Groff Shows Us How to Make an Entrance: Who else got all warm and tingly when The Groff busted in on Rachel singing "Rolling in the Deep"? Especially when he growled this line: "Don't underestimate the things that I will do." C'mon! That was so an invitation for me to see what he could do. If you follow me on Twitter, you know I was freaking out about this number as soon as the low quality audio hit the net. But the actual scene was so much better. God bless you Ryan Murphy for bringing Jesse St. James back. He just adds a certain…something to Glee. The Groff is here and nothing hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment