Saturday 21 May 2011

Sarah Jessica Parker Appreciates Lady Gaga’s Style At Cannes


Sarah Jessica Parker Appreciates Lady Gaga’s Style At Cannes
‘I think she’s in a league of her own,’ Parker says while making her own splash on the red carpet.
Sarah Jessica Parker is one of the most familiar women in the world of style. Even with no “Sex and the City” on the big or minor screen this year, she’s still a trendsetter wherever she appears. And at the Weinstein Corporation cocktail party for the 64th annual Cannes Film Anniversary, it was no surprise that the actress owned the red carpet in a white Dolce & Gabbana maxi-dress with embroidered details, complete with layers of pearl strands.
Unfortunately, Parker had just missed seeing another fashionista who made her way through Cannes, Lady Gaga. That didn’t stopover us from asking what she thought of the pop star’s always-changing style.
“I think she’s in a league of her own,” Parker said of Gaga. “I admire her aesthetic choices.”
Parker, who was at the festival to promote her new comedy “I Don’t Know How She Does It,” familiar that even though both she and Gaga are on top of their style game, their styles couldn’t be more changed.
“I think we have very changed silhouettes that we choose,” Parker said. “I don’t mean that in a judgmental way. I mean that she is an extraordinary, and singular and single person, and I have more of a pedestrian touch.”
As a red-carpet veteran, Parker knows how to clothing for any occasion, but since this was her first trip to the French Riviera, she said she didn’t feel like an expert on Cannes style.
“Who knows how effective I’ve been at it,” Parker said of her wardrobe choice. “This is my first time — I may have made grave errors. I don’t think I’m in a position to give any advice.”
What did you think of Sarah Jessica Parker’s Cannes look? Let us know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment